If you’re one of those meticulous shoppers who skim through all items on the beauty aisle, then you’ve probably noticed that Hempz lotions are pricier than a lot of their counterparts from rival brands. Almost all lotions are basically oil-in-water emulsions, so why is Hempz lotion so expensive compared to the majority of popular lotion products in the market?
What is Hempz lotion?
Hempz lotion is a line of body moisturizers that contain 100% pure hemp seed oil. This is extracted from the seeds of the Cannabis Plant, which primarily explains the expensive cost of all Hempz products.
Aside from the hemp seed oil that delivers dramatic skin hydration, Hempz lotion is also made with other nourishing ingredients such as vitamins A, C, and E, which help protect your skin from environmental and natural oxidants, as well as essential fatty acids, which provide skin with a perfect ratio of protein, carbohydrates, nutrients, key minerals, and fiber.
There are over 25 varieties of Hempz lotion on the market today, and all are made with non-toxic, plant-based ingredients. For instance, some Hempz lotions contain pomegranate extract that helps soothe inflamed skin and calm atopic dermatitis, while others include shea butter and ginseng – both of which help your skin stay hydrated, soft, and healthy. But whatever their key components are, all Hempz lotion varieties are only made with ingredients that come from nature, and this contributes to the brand’s hefty price tag.
What are the different varieties of Hempz lotion?
As mentioned above, Hempz offers a wide selection of lotions with different formulations to suit different skin needs and preferences. Below are some of the varieties of Hempz lotion:
- Original: The classic Hempz lotion contains hemp seed oil and other natural ingredients that help to combat dryness and hydrate the skin.
- Age Defying: Formulated with natural ingredients such as shea butter and vitamins A, C, and E, this lotion helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Herbal Body Moisturizer: Hempz Herbal Body Moisturizer contains natural herbal extracts such as chamomile and avocado that soothe and hydrate the skin.
- Pomegranate: Made with pomegranate extract, this Hempz lotion is rich in antioxidants that help protect the skin from environmental toxins.
- Triple Moisture: This lotion is formulated with three different types of moisturizers to provide intense hydration for dry and damaged skin.
- Sensitive Skin: Designed for those with sensitive skin, this lotion is fragrance-free and doesn’t contain dyes and other harsh ingredients.
- Fresh Coconut & Watermelon: This lotion contains natural extracts of coconut oil and watermelon to provide a refreshing and hydrating experience.
- Sweet Pineapple & Honey Melon: Made with pineapple and honey melon extracts, this lotion provides a sweet and tropical scent while hydrating and nourishing the skin.
- Lavender & Jasmine: This lotion contains lavender and jasmine extracts, which provide a relaxing and calming scent while moisturizing the skin.
- Milk & Honey: Made with milk and honey extracts, this lotion helps soothe and hydrate the skin while providing a sweet and comforting scent.
Is Hempz lotion safe for sensitive skin?
Yes, Hempz lotion is safe for sensitive skin. Suitable for all skin types, Hempz lotion contains natural ingredients that are gentle and soothing, and it is free from harsh chemicals and artificial fragrances that can irritate the skin.
Does Hempz lotion contain THC?
No, Hempz lotion is THC-free. THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is the psychoactive compound found in marijuana. So in case you’re wondering, Hempz lotions won’t get you high, making them safe for people of all ages.
Is Hempz lotion vegan?
Yes, Hempz lotion is vegan. It is made with natural plant-based ingredients and is free from animal-derived ingredients, making it a cruelty-free and vegan-friendly product.
Can Hempz lotion be used on the face?
Yes, Hempz lotion can be used on the face. However, it is recommended to use a specific facial moisturizer for your face, as the skin on your face is more sensitive than the skin on your body.
Does Hempz lotion have a strong scent?
Hempz lotion has a light, pleasant scent that is derived from natural ingredients such as fruit extracts and essential oils. It is not overpowering and is suitable for both men and women.
How often should I use Hempz lotion?
Hempz lotion can be used as often as needed to keep your skin hydrated and nourished. It is recommended to use it at least once a day after showering or bathing, or as needed throughout the day.
Does Hempz lotion contain parabens?
No, Hempz lotion is free from parabens, which are synthetic preservatives commonly found in beauty products. It is also free from other harsh chemicals such as sulfates and phthalates.
Does Hempz lotion have any SPF protection?
No, Hempz lotion does not contain any SPF protection. If you are planning to spend time in the sun, it is recommended to apply a separate sunscreen to protect your skin from UV damage.
Can Hempz lotion be used on tattoos?
Yes, Hempz lotion can be used on tattoos to help moisturize and protect the skin. In fact, the natural ingredients in the lotion can help to prevent fading and maintain the vibrancy of the tattoo.
Does Hempz lotion contain any artificial colors or dyes?
No, Hempz lotion is free from artificial colors or dyes. The natural color of the lotion is derived from the natural ingredients used in the formula.
Who sells Hempz lotion?
Hempz lotions are available for purchase at Ulta.com and on Amazon. These gluten-free, paraben-free, and cruelty-free lotions are also being sold at major retailers like Walmart and Walgreens. Depending on the size and fragrance, Hempz lotions are retailing between $7 and $24 for each bottle.
Hempz lotion has been specially crafted with a natural scent to help soothe inflamed skin and calm atopic dermatitis. Combining the nourishing properties of shea butter and ginseng, it also helps your skin stay hydrated, soft, and healthy. It's also enriched with Vitamins A, C, and E, which help protect your skin from environmental and natural oxidants.