Warner Bros. officially turns 100 today, and to celebrate the film and entertainment studio’s centennial anniversary, its parent company Warner Bros. Discovery has unveiled a collection of products, content, and experiences honoring Warner Bros.’ rich history. Read on to discover the toys, apparel, collectibles, experiences, and more that celebrate the studio’s storied past.
Merch from Warner Bros. Discovery Global Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Discovery Global Consumer Products (WBDGCP) has dropped three new celebratory merchandise collections today on WB Shop, with more coming out throughout the year. These merch collections are as follows:
WB Shield Collection
Straight from the Warner Bros. archives comes the WB Shield Collection, an assortment of apparel, home goods, and accessories that shows how the iconic Warner Bros. logo changed throughout the decades from 1923 to today. The collection is now available on WB Shop.
Also launched on WB Shop today, the Mashup Series is a collection of clothing pieces, home goods and collectibles, featuring beloved animated characters from Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry dressed up as other legendary WB characters from other franchises and films including DC, Casablanca, The Wizard of Oz, The Jetsons, Scooby-Doo, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, The Lord of the Rings, The Flintstones, FRIENDS, Enter the Dragon, and Singin’ in the Rain.
Golden Era Collection
As its name implies, WB Shop’s Golden Era Collection is comprised of apparel, homeware items, and collectibles that take fans back in time from 1937 and 1948 to commemorate Warner Bros.’ timeless classic movies The Wizard of Oz and Casablanca.
One of the standout items from the collection is the stunning handcrafted Cuckoo Clock shaped like the castle of the Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz. Another item that is sure to leave fans and collectors in awe is the Yellow Brick Road Sculpture depicting the Land of Oz and the famous road.
As for Casablanca, the iconic romantic drama film is honored through exclusive apparel, premium posters, and home goods featuring some of the film’s most memorable lines and moments.
According to WBDGCP, more merchandise collections will launch throughout the year representing three additional eras: Classic, Nostalgic, and Modern.
Exclusive Centennial Collaborations
Aside from the abovementioned WB Shop collections, WBDGCP has also teamed up with top licensees to create exclusive centennial collaborations across all categories to celebrate Warner Bros. 100th anniversary. These collabs are the following:
Toys and collectibles
- Funko’s Looney Tunes x Scooby-Doo Mashup Pops!
- McFarlane Toys’ Movie Maniacs figures
- Mattel’s Hot Wheels-themed Looney Tunes mashup cars
- Theory11’s collectible decks based on various Warner Bros.’ properties
- Spin Master’s collection of Looney Tunes and DC figures l
- Monogram’s blind bag collection featuring 11 different Looney Tunes mashups bag clip accessories
Fashion and footwear
- Luxury designer Nalebe will launch a Wonder Woman-inspired WB100 footwear collection this fall.
- RSVLTS has released two limited-edition soft and stretchy RSVLTS KUNUFLEX button-down shirts: the Looney Tunes Heroes style, which features a mashup print, and the From Hare to Eternity style, which includes a classic cartoon-y collage of sketchpad drawings.
- The Hundreds has dropped a collection of apparel and accessories featuring Warner Bros. 100th mashup styles. It is now available for a limited time at The Hundreds Online Shop, The Hundreds App, and The Hundreds Los Angeles flagship store.
- Loungefly is set to release a line of accessories commemorating Warner Bros.’ centennial anniversary later this year.
- Keebler will debut a new cookie program later his summer.
- Also set to launch later this summer is Funables’ Looney Tunes mashup Fruit Flavored Snacks.
- Running Press has released the book Warner Bros.: 100 Years of Storytelling. Written by Mark Vieira with a foreword by TCM Host Ben Mankiewicz, the book features unforgettable stars and untold stories, plus rare images from the Warner Bros. vault. It is now available for preorder, with a limited number of exclusive signed editions available on the WB Shop.
In this official centennial history of the greatest studio in Hollywood, unforgettable stars, untold stories, and rare images from the Warner Bros. vault bring a century of entertainment to vivid life.
Events from Warner Bros. Discovery Global Themed Entertainment (WBDGTE) and Experiences
WBDGTE has lined up several events for fans from around the world in celebration of Warner Bros.’ 100th anniversary. Here are some of them:
1. From WBDGTE and Fever, Candlelight: 100 Years of Warner Bros. will bring to life score tracks from some of the studio’s most celebrated films and television series with commemorative candlelight concerts in 100 cities worldwide. Featuring a range of music from the studio’s past and present, the program will include songs from FRIENDS, A Star Is Born, Willy Wonka, Purple Rain, and The Wizard of Oz, just to name a few.
2. Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi will be entertaining guests with a unique live show inside the Warner Bros. Plaza featuring a special rendition of Warner Bros.’ 100th year presented by a group of singers, dancers, and fan-favorite characters who come together to deliver an over-the-top party of the century.
3. Warner Bros. Movie World in Australia will join the festivities with celebrations kicking off at the park on April 4th and running for the entire year with events like DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains, Fright Nights, and Hooray for Hollywood.
4. Warner in Madrid will join the celebration with a brand-new show, new character meet & greets, and new streetmosphere shows throughout the year to keep the festivities in full swing.
5. DC-inspired Park Row in Soho, London will mark the studio’s 100th anniversary with a Master Wayne table with butler service and a Taste of Gotham City.
6. Fans in China can join the festivities from March 25th to May 8th at the China World Mall, a landmark in central Beijing that offers stunning photo-ops and immersive environments.
7. Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood is debuting a new 100 Years of Warner Bros. exhibit today, which explores 100 years of Warner Bros.’ impact on storytelling. The exhibit showcases photography from classic and contemporary productions, including Casablanca, DC Comics, Harry Potter, Abbott Elementary, and more.
Celebratory films from Warner Bros. Discovery Home Entertainment
As part of the celebration for Warner Bros. 100th anniversary, Warner Bros. Discovery Home Entertainment (WBDHE) is releasing that are categorized into four volumes:
- Volume 1: Award Winners
- Volume 2: Comedies, Dramas & Musicals
- Volume 3: Fantasy, Action & Adventure
- Volume 4: Thrillers, Sci-Fi & Horror
WBDHE is also dropping “Best of” animation compilations featuring the most beloved Warner Bros. Animation franchises. These are:
- Duck Dodgers: The Complete Series (available now)
- The Looney Tunes Complete Platinum Collection (April 11th)
- The Scooby-Doo 10-Film Collection” (April 11th)
- The Looney Tunes 10-Film Collection (June 6th)
Throughout the year, WBDHE will also release remastered film titles available for the first time in 4K Ultra-High Definition. These include:
- Superman 5-Film Collection (May 9th)
- Training Day (available now)
- Cool Hand Luke (available now),
- The Maltese Falcon (available now),
- Rebel Without a Cause (available now)
- Rio Bravo (TBA)
- East of Eden (TBA)
- Enter the Dragon Special 50th Anniversary Edition (TBA)
- The Exorcist Special 50th Anniversary Edition (TBA)
In addition, multiple themed digital film bundle collections will also be available throughout the year.