In the realm of horror cinema, few characters evoke such a chilling blend of fear and fascination as Art the Clown, the nefarious antagonist of the Terrifier franchise. With his grotesque appearance, sinister grin, and penchant for unspeakable acts of violence, Art has become a cult icon among horror enthusiasts, leaving an indelible mark on the genre. If you’re among those captivated by Art’s terrifying presence, you’ll be thrilled to know that Terrifier 2, the sequel to the 2016 original, is now available to stream online. This article will guide you through the various platforms where you can catch up on Art’s latest murderous rampage.
What is Terrifier 2 movie about?
Released in October 2022, Terrifier 2 picks up a year after the events of the first film, where the sadistic Art the Clown met his seemingly demise. But fear not, the forces of darkness won’t keep a good clown down. Resurrected by a sinister entity, Art the Clown returns to Miles County to terrorize a teenage girl and her younger brother on Halloween night.
- The Hunt: Art stalks Sienna and Jonathan throughout a grueling Halloween night, unleashing his signature brand of brutal, sadistic torture.
- No holds barred: This isn’t a PG-13 slasher. Expect extreme violence, gore, and disturbing imagery. Be prepared for some seriously messed-up stuff.
- More than just gore: While the film doesn’t shy away from the gruesome, there’s an underlying story exploring themes of resilience, facing fears, and the darkness that lurks within us all.
- Art’s twisted world: Prepare to delve deeper into Art’s disturbing psyche and the mysterious forces that brought him back. You might get some answers, but they might not be the ones you’re hoping for.
Terrifier 2 isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s a relentless, brutal horror experience that pushes the boundaries of the genre. But for those who crave a truly bone-chilling scare and a glimpse into the darkest corners of human depravity, it’s a twisted journey well worth taking. Just remember, keep the lights on… and maybe have a barf bag ready.
If you’re still curious, the trailer of the slasher feature gives a good glimpse into the madness without spoiling too much. Enjoy at your own risk!
Who are the cast of the film Terrifier 2?
While Art the Clown (played by the chilling David Howard Thornton) steals the show with his sadistic grin and murderous antics, Terrifier 2 boasts a talented cast to flesh out the terrifying world around him:
- Lauren LaVera: Plays Sienna Shaw, the courageous older sister forced to confront Art’s gruesome rampage.
- Elliott Fullam: Portrays Jonathan Shaw, Sienna’s younger brother and Art’s primary target.
- Sarah Voigt: Takes on the role of Barbara, mother of Sienna and Jonathan
- Kailey Hyman: Plays Brooke, Sienna’s friend
- Casey Hartnett: Portrays Allie, Sienna’s friend
- Charlie McElveen: Stars as Jeff, Brooke’s boyfriend
- Amelie McLain: Appears as The Little Pale Girl, a haunting figure with an unsettling connection to Art
Who is Damien Leone?
Damien Leone is the mastermind behind the terrifying world of Terrifier 2, wearing multiple hats on the set. He’s the film’s writer, director, and editor. He also serves as a producer on the movie, along with Phil Falcone, George Steuber, Michael Leavy. Steven Della Salla, Jason Leavy.
Leone is also the director of the original Terrifier movie as well as the horror films All Hallows’ Eve (2013) and Frankenstein vs. the Mummy (2015).
Where to watch Terrifier 2 online
As of December 2023, Terrifier 2 is currently streaming in the United States on Hoopla, Screambox, and Cineverse.
Can I watch and stream Terrifier 2 on Roku?
If you’re in the U.S., you have several options for streaming Terrifier 2 on your Roku device. You can watch the movie by either adding Shudder or Screambox to your Roku player or TV. You can also stream the movie in 4K by adding Amazon Prime Video to your Roku device.
Is Terrifier 2 available on Blu-Ray?
Yes, Terrifier 2 is available on Blu-ray for both purchase and rental, offering you high-quality viewing options. If you prefer physical media or want to own the film itself, you can order it on Amazon or Walmart.
How much did Terrifier 2 earn at the box office?
Despite its microbudget of around $250,000, Terrifier 2 proved a box office success, exceeding most profit expectations. Here’s a breakdown of its earnings:
- Gross: Over $11 million
- Opening weekend: $805,000
- Number of weeks in theaters: 8
- Gross: Over $15.4 million
These numbers are impressive for a low-budget horror film, showcasing its cult appeal and audience popularity.
Interestingly, Terrifier 2 also enjoyed a theatrical re-release over a year after its initial run, further adding to its box office total.
What do entertainment critics think of Terrifier 2?
Reviews of Terrifier 2 are a mixed bag, reflecting the film’s polarizing nature. Here’s a breakdown of the critical landscape:
- Gorehounds: Horror aficionados and gore enthusiasts commend the film’s unrelenting brutality and practical effects, calling it a feast for the eyes (or a stomach for the strong).
- Visuals and Atmosphere: Critics acknowledge the film’s effective use of lighting, set design, and music to create a disturbing and immersive atmosphere.
- Art the Clown: David Howard Thornton’s performance as Art the Clown receives praise for its unsettling silence and physicality, solidifying the character’s status as a horror icon.
- Excessive Gore: Some critics find the violence gratuitous and excessive, questioning its artistic merit and potential for negative impact.
- Plot and Character Development: The film is often criticized for its thin plot and lack of character development beyond Art, focusing solely on shock value.
- Pacing and Length: Some reviewers feel the film drags on due to its runtime and repetitive nature, diminishing the overall impact.
Terrifier 2 is a highly controversial film, dividing critics between those who celebrate its extreme horror and those who find it excessive and exploitative. Ultimately, it depends on your tolerance for violence and your appetite for disturbing cinema.
Will there be a Terrifier 3?
Yes, there will be a Terrifier 3! Director Damien Leone confirmed the upcoming movie’s development in May 2023, with filming reportedly set to begin in February 2024. The movie boasts an even bigger filming budget than its predecessor, hinting at potentially even more extravagant (and horrifying) sequences.
Here’s what we know so far:
- Release Date: October 25, 2024, staying true to the series’ Halloween tradition.
- Story: Details are scarce, but Leone has hinted at exploring Art the Clown’s origins and diving deeper into the mysterious entity that brought him back in Terrifier 2.
- Cast: David Howard Thornton will definitely return as the iconic Art the Clown, with other cast members potentially returning as well.
- Chris Jericho: Yes, you read that right! Professional wrestler and actor Chris Jericho is confirmed to have a role in Terrifier 3, adding an exciting new element to the cast.