Attention all footlong lovers! Have you ever found yourself craving a delicious Subway sandwich, but wanting more for your money? If you missed out on Subway’s Footlong Pass subscription the last time it launched, fret not — because it’s back and it’s better than ever!
The popular sandwich chain is once again offering its beloved Footlong Pass subscription, and this time it’s available to even more hungry customers across the United States. Whether you’re a fan of the classic Meatball Marinara or the spicy Buffalo Chicken, the Footlong Pass has got you covered. Read on to find out how you can get your hands on this delicious deal and satisfy your cravings for weeks to come.
What is Subway’s footlong pass?
Subway’s Footlong Pass is a month-long sandwich subscription that gives fans 50% off a footlong sub every day for $15. The fast-food restaurant launched the industry’s first sandwich subscription in August 2022 as an exclusive perk for its Subway MyWay Rewards members and sold out of all 10,000 passes in less than six hours. Now, the Footlong Pass is back with a whopping 250,000 passes up for grabs.
Still an exclusive offer for MyWay Rewards members, the second round of the Footlong Pass started to become available for purchase at SubwayFootlongPass.com beginning Tuesday, March 21st, 2023 at 8 a.m. ET. Footlong fans who successfully scored a Footlong Pass will receive 30 digital offer codes each for 50% off 1 footlong sub on their Subway MyWay Rewards account. One digital offer will be sent each day for 30 days and is redeemable only in the app or online at participating Subway restaurants. Footlong offerings, however, are subject to availability at individual participating Subway restaurants.
“Subway’s inaugural Footlong Pass showcases all of the things our fans crave from Subway: our footlong subs, everyday value, and, of course, exclusive perks for loyalty members,” said Barb Millette, Senior Director of Loyalty & Gift Cards at Subway, in a statement. “The first 10,000 passes sold out in a matter of hours, and while we have 250,000 available this time around, we expect them to go very quickly.”
If you haven’t explored the new Subway Series menu, then the Footlong Pass is the perfect way to try some of the delicious subs from the lineup at a discounted price. Launched in the summer of 2022, the Subway Series menu is a lineup of 12 chef-created signature sandwiches that are ordered by name or number. It is the most significant Subway menu update in the fast food chain’s nearly 60-year history and was designed to streamline guest choices.
How much is a footlong at Subway?
As of June 2023, the base price for a footlong sandwich from Subway is around $6 – $8, depending on the type of bread and toppings you choose. If you’re looking to add some extra toppings such as ham or pickles, those come at an additional cost. In other words, the exact price of your preferred footlong sub depends on how many toppings you choose to add. This explains why a premium or specialty footlong sub typically costs more than regular ones.
The location of your local Subway also affects the cost of your delicious footlong sub. The cost of living can vary greatly from city to city or even neighborhood to neighborhood. This can impact the cost of ingredients, rent, and other expenses that affect the overall cost of running a Subway location.
The cost of a footlong at Subway can also vary based on how many sandwiches you buy, as the restaurant chain sometimes offers discounts for customers who buy in bulk.
But to give you a rough estimate of how much a footlong submarine sandwich cost at Subway, here are the prices of some of the most popular footlong sandwiches of the restaurant chain, according to the Subway menu prices listed on FastFoodMenuPrices.com.
- Ultimate Steak – $11.49
- Meatball Marinara – $7.29
- Spicy Italian – $8.49
- B.L.T – $8.49
- Black Forest Ham – $6.49
- Chicken Caesar Melt – $7.79
- Cold Cut Combo – $4.99
- Italian B.M.T. – $8.49
- Meatball Marinara – $5.29
- Pizza Sub Melt – $7.49
- Roast Beef – $9.49
- Grilled Chicken – $8.49
- Rotisserie-Style Chicken & Bacon Melt – $9.49
- Spicy Italian – $6.49
- Steak & Cheese – $9.49
- Subway Club – $9.49
- Subway Melt – $9.49
- Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki – $8.49
- Tuna – $8.49
- Turkey & Bacon Guacamole – $11.49
- Turkey Breast – $8.49
- Veggie Delite – $4.99
The above prices are all for footlong sandwiches with no additional toppings. But if you want to find out the exact price of your preferred Subway footlong sandwich or your other favorite menu item, it’s best to check with your local Subway restaurant.
Does Subway still offer the USD 5 Footlong Deal?
Footlongs at Subway are typically more expensive than Subway signature wraps. This is because a footlong from Subway is made with more freshly baked bread, which is a costlier ingredient. Additionally, footlongs are often filled with more toppings, which can also add to the cost.
However, the price of a footlong vs. a wrap can vary depending on the type of sandwich you order and the location of the Subway restaurant. For example, a footlong on whole-wheat bread may be more expensive than a wrap on spinach bread. Additionally, prices may be higher in urban areas than in rural areas.
How to order footlong from Subway
Haven’t ordered a footlong from Subway before? Ordering a footlong at Subway is pretty easy. Follow the steps below once you arrive at a Subway sandwich shop:
- Choose your bread: Subway offers a variety of bread options, such as Italian, Italian herbs and cheese, honey oat, wheat, and more. Let the sandwich artist know your preferred bread choice.
- Select your protein: Subway offers a range of protein options, including turkey, chicken, ham, roast beef, tuna, and vegetarian options like a veggie patty or Beyond Meat. Inform the sandwich artist about your protein preference.
- Choose from a variety of cheeses: The sandwich chain provides various cheese options like American, cheddar, Swiss, pepper jack, and more. Let the sandwich artist know your cheese choice if desired.
- Add vegetables and toppings: Subway also offers a wide range of fresh vegetables and toppings. You can choose from lettuce, tomatoes, onions, peppers, olives, cucumbers, pickles, and more. Customize your sandwich by specifying the vegetables and toppings you’d like.
- Select sauces and condiments: Subway has an array of sauces and condiments to enhance the flavor of your sandwich. Options include mayo, mustard, ketchup, ranch, honey mustard, oil and vinegar, and many others. Communicate your preferred sauces and condiments to the sandwich artist.
- Specify additional requests: If you have any specific requests like toasting the bread, adding extra cheese, or heating the sandwich, let the sandwich artist know.
- Choose your sides and drinks: Subway offers sides like chips, cookies, or a variety of healthy options. Don’t forget to select your preferred drink.
- Pay for your order: After finalizing your sandwich and any additional items, proceed to the cashier to pay for your order. Subway accepts various payment methods, including cash, credit cards, and mobile payments.
- Enjoy your footlong sandwich: Once your order is prepared, grab your footlong sandwich, sides, and drink, and find a comfortable spot to enjoy your meal.
Remember, the specific steps may vary slightly depending on the location and the sandwich artist, but these general instructions should guide you through the process of ordering a Subway footlong sandwich. Aside from ordering delicious sub sandwiches in-store, you can also order online, via drive-thru, and delivery.
How to make a footlong Subway sandwich at home
While you may not have access to the exact Subway ingredients, you can always make your own delicious version of the chain’s footlong sub and enjoy the Subway experience in the comfort of your home. Here’s how you can do it:
- Choose your bread: Select a footlong bread of your choice, such as a baguette, sub roll, or any long bread that suits your preference.
- Prepare the fillings: Gather a variety of ingredients to create your sandwich. You can include proteins like deli meats (turkey, ham, roast beef, etc.), chicken, tuna, or even vegetarian options like grilled vegetables or tofu. Also, include a selection of cheeses, vegetables (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, etc.), and condiments like mayonnaise, mustard, and dressings.
- Slice the bread: Carefully slice the footlong bread lengthwise, creating a top and bottom portion. If desired, you can lightly toast the bread in the oven or toaster for added crunch.
- Layer the ingredients: Start by placing your protein on the bottom half of the bread. Layer the cheese, followed by your choice of vegetables and condiments. Be creative and add as much or as little of each ingredient as you prefer.
- Close and cut the sandwich: Once all the ingredients are layered, place the top half of the bread on the fillings. Gently press the sandwich together. If desired, you can cut the footlong sandwich into smaller portions, such as halves or quarters, using a sharp knife.
- Serve and enjoy: Place the prepared footlong sandwich on a serving platter or wrap it in deli paper or foil for easy handling. Serve it with your favorite sides, such as chips or a salad, and enjoy your homemade footlong Subway-inspired sandwich!
The beauty of making a sandwich at home is that you can customize it to your liking and use the ingredients you enjoy. So feel free to experiment and create a footlong sandwich that satisfies your taste preferences.
Are Subway footlongs actually 12 inches long?
While Subway’s footlong sandwiches were initially advertised as being “a foot long,” there have been instances where customers have measured their sandwiches and found them to be slightly shorter than 12 inches. This discrepancy led to a lawsuit in 2013, where Subway agreed to implement practices to ensure that each of their footlong sandwiches has a 12-inch length. However, it is still possible that variations in the dough rolling and baking process could result in slight size differences between individual sandwiches.
How many calories are in a Subway footlong sandwich?
The number of calories in a Subway footlong sub varies depending on the type of bread, meat, cheese, vegetables, and sauce chosen. Subway provides nutritional information on its website, so customers can check the calories of their specific sandwiches.
What types of bread can be used in a Subway footlong sandwich?
Subway offers a variety of bread options for its sub sandwiches. These include Italian, Italian herbs and cheese, whole wheat, honey oat, white, and nine-grain wheat. According to the Subway website, select Subway restaurants carry gluten-free bread, which is not baked inside the restaurant like Subway’s signature bread, and only comes in a 6-inch option.
Is Subway’s bread vegan-friendly?
Some of Subway’s bread options are vegan-friendly, including the nine-grain wheat, Italian, and sourdough bread. However, other bread options contain animal-derived ingredients, so customers should check the ingredients before ordering.
Are Subway footlong sandwiches healthy?
Subway footlong sandwiches can be a healthy choice, depending on the ingredients chosen. Subway offers a variety of low-fat meats, vegetables, and whole-grain bread options, allowing customers to customize their sandwiches to fit their dietary needs.
Why order a 6-inch sandwich over a footlong sandwich at Subway
A 6-inch sandwich is smaller than a footlong sandwich, making it a good option for those who are watching their calorie intake. A 6-inch sandwich is typically less expensive than a footlong sandwich, making it a more affordable option for those on a budget. Also, ordering a 6-inch sandwich allows you to try different varieties of sandwiches without committing to a full footlong sandwich.
Customers can order footlong sandwiches for catering through Subway’s website or by calling the nearest Subway location. Subway offers a variety of catering options for parties, events, and meetings.
How many sandwiches are on a Subway party platter?
Subway party platters come in two sizes: the 16-piece platter, which includes eight 6-inch sandwiches that serve 8-12 people, and the 24-piece platter, which includes twelve 6-inch sandwiches that serve 12-18 people.
How long do Subway footlong sandwiches last?
Subway footlong sandwiches should be consumed within two hours of purchase or within 24 hours if stored in the refrigerator.
Can you customize your Subway footlong sandwich?
Yes. As mentioned above, Subway allows customers to customize their footlong sandwiches with a variety of meats, cheeses, vegetables, and sauces to create a sandwich tailored to their preferences.
Can you get a footlong sandwich with no bread at Subway?
Yes, customers can request to have their footlongs made into a salad or bowl, eliminating the bread and making it a low-carb option.
Can you get footlong sandwiches toasted at Subway?
Yes, Subway offers the option to have its footlong sandwiches toasted in a sandwich oven for a warm and crispy texture.
Can you order a Subway footlong with a different bread for each half?
Yes, customers can customize their footlong sandwich by choosing a different bread for each half.
What is the healthiest type of footlongs at Subway?
The healthiest Subway footlong sandwich will depend on your individual dietary needs and preferences. However, here are some of the healthier Subway footlong sandwich options, each with their respective calorie counts:
- Veggie Delite (430 calories)
- Oven Roasted Chicken (560 calories)
- Rotisserie-Style Chicken (540 calories)
- Turkey Breast (560 calories)
- Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki (610 calories)
It’s worth noting that the calorie count can vary depending on the bread, cheese, and toppings chosen for each sandwich. Choosing whole-grain bread, avoiding high-fat condiments and cheeses, and adding extra vegetables can all help make a sandwich healthier. Additionally, Subway allows customers to customize sandwiches to fit specific dietary needs and preferences, such as low-fat, low-carb, or gluten-free.
Can you order a Subway footlong with avocado?
Yes, Subway offers avocado as an ingredient for its footlong sandwiches. However, availability may vary by location.
What are the different sauces for Subway footlongs?
Subway offers a variety of sauces and dressings for their footlong sandwiches. Some of the most popular options include:
- Chipotle Southwest
- Honey Mustard
- Sweet Onion
- BBQ Sauce
- Yellow Mustard
- Oil and Vinegar
- Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Buffalo Sauce
Note that the availability of sauces may vary depending on the location and sandwich option. Additionally, some sauces may have higher calorie counts and should be used in moderation for those watching their calorie intake.
What is the best-selling Subway footlong?
The best-selling Subway footlong sandwiches can vary by location and time of year, but some of the most popular ones include:
- BMT (which stands for “Biggest, Meatiest, Tastiest”): This sandwich features pepperoni, salami, and ham, topped with cheese and vegetables of your choice.
- Subway Club: This sandwich features turkey breast, roast beef, and ham, topped with cheese and vegetables of your choice.
- Italian B.M.T.: This sandwich features pepperoni, salami, and ham, topped with cheese and vegetables of your choice.
- Meatball Marinara: This sandwich features meatballs in marinara sauce, topped with melted cheese and vegetables of your choice.
- Tuna: This sandwich features flaked tuna mixed with mayonnaise, topped with vegetables of your choice.
These sandwiches are all popular for their unique combinations of meat, cheese, vegetables, and sauces. However, the best-selling sandwich can vary by location and may also depend on seasonal promotions or limited-time offers.
Is salad a perfect partner for a Subway footlong?
Yes, Subway salads can be a perfect partner to Subway footlongs. They are both fresh and healthy, and they can complement each other well. For example, you could get a footlong with grilled chicken and a salad with spinach, tomatoes, and cucumbers. The chicken would provide protein, and the salad would provide vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Want to try the Subway experience? Here’s how to find different Subway locations
Here are some ways to find different Subway locations:
- Visit the Subway website or app: The Subway website and app have a store locator that allows you to search for Subway locations by address, city, or zip code.
- Use a third-party app: There are a number of third-party apps that can help you find Subway locations. Some popular options include Google Maps, Yelp, and Foursquare.
- Call the Subway hotline: You can also call the Subway hotline at 1-800-SUBWAY-1 (1-800-782-8921) and ask for a list of Subway locations near you.
Here are some additional tips for finding Subway locations:
- Be specific in your search: When you are searching for Subway locations, be as specific as possible. This will help you narrow down the results and find the location that is closest to you.
- Use filters: Many store locators allow you to filter the results by distance, hours of operation, and other criteria. This can be helpful if you are looking for a specific type of Subway location.
- Check the website or app: The Subway website and app often have special offers and coupons that you can only find online. Be sure to check them before you visit a Subway location.