While the Superbowl ad ran for just a few seconds, a quick teaser is all Marvel fans need to get amped for the new MCU shows coming to Disney+ later this year. To that effect, for the first time, fans got a glimpse at actual footage from The Falcon and Winter Soldier, Loki, and WandaVision.
If the commercial was too short for you to glean any details, here’s what we caught:
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
- It appears Zemo is set to make a return after last wreaking havoc in Captain America: Civil War.
- We see Falcon practicing with Captain America’s shield, which if you remember, was handed over to Falcon at the end of Avengers: Endgame.
- Based on our previous reporting, we know Anthony Mackie will play Falcon and Sebastian Stan will play the Winter Soldier. The series will detail the adventures of the duo as they try to reconcile a world without their dear friend Steve Rogers.
- According to The Verge, WandaVision will be a “surreal sitcom-like” show revolving around the relationship of Wanda Maximoff and Vision. Based on last night’s sneak preview, we have no reason to believe anything different.
- Both Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany will reprise their respective roles. And like The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, the storyline is expected to take place after the events that unfolded in Avenger: Endgame.
- Unfortunately, the sneak peek into Loki was the quickest of the three. While we couldn’t deduce much, we know that Tom Hiddleston will reprise his role.
Marvel fans far and wide are eager to see if Disney+ can live up to the hype they’ve generated. Fortunately, the wait won’t be too much longer as The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is set to debut in August, followed by WandaVision shortly thereafter. At the time of this article’s publishing, Loki is slated for a spring 2021 release.