French’s is celebrating this year’s National Mustard Day with a new one-of-a-kind innovation: Mustard Skittles.
What are Mustard Skittles?
Launched on July 25, 2023, Mustard Skittles are a collaboration between the condiment brand French’s and the candy brand Skittles.
Mustard Skittles are basically Skittles in the iconic yellow mustard color with a great combination of sweet and savory flavor that is sure to tang up your taste buds.
“From Mustard Ice Cream to last year’s viral Mustard Donuts, this year marks the fifth time French’s has gone all out with unique, flavorful innovations to celebrate National Mustard Day. With the yellow holiday landing on August 5, we knew we had to outdo ourselves,” said Valda Coryat, North America Vice President of Marketing for McCormick & Company, the parent company of French’s. “We are thrilled to collaborate with Skittles to deliver our beloved Classic Yellow Mustard tang in a new, fun way to French’s and Skittles fans alike.”
For the part of Mars, the parent company of Skittles, Marketing Director Ro Cheng said: “Skittles is always looking to inspire moments of everyday happiness and deliver unexpected ways for fans to experience the brand. That’s why we’ve teamed up with French’s to create the first-of-its-kind Skittles that combines their tangy mustard flavor with our iconic chewy texture to deliver this unique summer treat for National Mustard Day.”
How to get free Mustard Skittles?
There are two ways to get free Mustard Skittles, and they are as follows:
You have a chance to get free Mustard Skittles via the Mustard Mobile, a bright yellow custom-designed vintage bus complete with giant Mustard Skittles on top. The Mustard Mobile has started its multi-stop tour up the East Coast earlier this week. Its first stop was in Ponce City Market in Atlanta on Monday, July 31.
You can catch the Mustard Mobile at the next two stops:
1. Wednesday, August 2: Washington D.C. – City Center from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
825 10th St NW, Washington, DC 20001
2. Saturday, August 5: New York City – Hudson River Park from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
555 12th Ave, New York, NY 10036
Some of the fans that got the chance to taste the Mustard Skittles in Atlanta shared some photos from their experience on social media. Check out their posts below:
— mscheer (@mscheer) July 31, 2023
Mustard Skittle Day ???????? pic.twitter.com/hiaSmF8I46
— Maxx (@maxxjamez) July 31, 2023
Now through August 5, fans can also visit Frenchs.com/MustardSkittles to enter for a chance to win a pack of Mustard Skittles for free. Visit the website to learn more about the online sweepstakes. You can also follow @Frenchs and @SKITTLES on different social media platforms, and search #FrenchsMustardSkittles to find out how to get Mustard Skittles for free.
What is National Mustard Day
National Mustard Day is a holiday celebrated annually on the first Saturday in August. It was founded in 1991 by the National Mustard Museum in Middleton, Wisconsin. The holiday is a celebration of all things mustard and aims to promote mustard as a versatile and delicious condiment, as well as to raise awareness of its historical and culinary significance.
The celebration of National Mustard Day often involves various activities, events, and promotions organized by mustard producers, enthusiasts, and organizations. Some common activities include:
- Mustard Tasting: Attendees have the opportunity to sample a wide range of mustard varieties, from classic yellow mustard to more exotic and flavored versions.
- Food and Recipe Demonstrations: Chefs and culinary experts showcase different ways to use mustard in cooking and demonstrate how it can enhance various dishes.
- Contests: Fun contests may be held, such as mustard eating contests or creative recipe competitions that feature mustard as a key ingredient.
- Educational Sessions: Talks and presentations about the history of mustard, its production, and its role in different cultures may be conducted to inform and entertain participants.
- Community Gatherings: Mustard enthusiasts and the general public come together to enjoy the festivities and share their love for this condiment.