The top-selling Barbie Dreamhouse has returned to toy shelves with an updated look.
What’s the new version of Barbie Dreamhouse?
An upgrade from the 2021 version, the 2023 Barbie Dreamhouse reflects the latest interior design and architectural trends of the time. It comes packed with fun and exciting features making it the ultimate playset for kids to act out their greatest adventures.
The new Dreamhouse has a three-story spiral slide, which is the tallest slide in the Barbie Dreamhouse series to date.
It’s also the most pet-friendly edition of the Barbie Dreamhouse. It includes a puppy slide and pool, pet elevator, pet palace complete with a puppy figure, pet bed, and doggie door.
Additional features of the new Dreamhouse are as follows:
- Three levels featuring a wide, spacious floorplan and over 10 outdoor and indoor living areas including a kitchen, living room, dining room, bedroom, bathroom, closet, bonus room, balcony, and pool
- Top floor bonus room with a sleepover transformation to sleep even more dolls
- More than 75 accessories and customizable spaces
- Integrated lights and sounds
- Working elevator that is wheelchair accessible
How much is the new Barbie Dreamhouse?
The 2023 Dreamhouse has a suggested retail price of $199.99.
Where to buy the new Barbie Dreamhouse?
The latest Dreamhouse is now available for purchase at Amazon.
When did Barbie buy her first Dreamhouse?
Encouraging children everywhere to dream big. Barbie purchased her first Dreamhouse in 1962, long before women in the United States were allowed to open their own bank accounts and when only 0.1% of young women were independent homeowners.
To reflect the architectural and interior design trends of the times, her Dreamhouse has undergone remodels over the years, helping it to become 2021’s #1 item in the U.S. dolls category, according to a report by market research firm, The NPD Company.
In celebration of its 60th anniversary in 2022, Barbie Dreamhouse teamed up with the nonprofit organization, Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI), for a multi-project collaboration.
The year-long collab between the dollhouse brand and HFHI consists of 60 projects and activations, including new construction, home preservation, and neighborhood revitalization, for families in need of safe, decent, and affordable housing around the world.
Throughout 2022, Barbie funded projects in countries including Canada, Poland, and Brazil, and helped a local family by supporting the construction of a new home in South Los Angeles. With a mission to create more opportunities for children and their families to live in a place they can call home, the collab also included critical home repairs, playhouse builds, and contribution to HFH’s Women Build program, which recruits, educates, and encourages women to build and advocate for decent and affordable houses in their communities.
How many Barbie Dreamhouses are there?
There have been over 20 different Barbie Dreamhouses released since the first one was introduced in 1962. Each Dreamhouse has its own unique features and design, but they all share one thing in common: they provide children with a place to let their imaginations run wild.
Here is a list of some of the most popular Barbie Dreamhouses:
- The 1962 Barbie Dreamhouse: This was the first Barbie Dreamhouse ever released. It was a simple two-story house with a pink exterior and white interior.
- The 1974 Malibu Dreamhouse: This Dreamhouse was a major upgrade from the 1962 model. It was much larger and more detailed, with features like a swimming pool, a tennis court, and a garage.
- The 1997 Totally Stylin’ Dreamhouse: This Dreamhouse was designed to appeal to a younger audience. It was smaller and more colorful than previous Dreamhouses, and it came with a variety of accessories that kids could use to customize their homes.
- The 2016 Dreamhouse: This Dreamhouse features a working elevator, a pool with a slide, and lights and sounds that make it come to life.