The Pearson family drama captivated audiences for six seasons, weaving tales of love, loss, and life’s unexpected twists. But now that the final tear-jerker has aired, you might be wondering, where can you still experience the emotional roller coaster of This Is Us? Luckily, there are options! Whether you’re a die-hard fan wanting to relive your favorite moments or a newcomer curious about the hype, read on to find out where and how you can watch the beloved TV series online.
Is the TV series This Is Us (season 1 to season 6) on Netflix?
Yes, all six seasons of This Is Us are available to stream on Netflix in the United States. It landed on the platform on January 8, 2024, so you can now get your heart warmed (and possibly broken) by the Pearsons without leaving the comfort of your couch.
However, it’s important to note that This Is Us is currently only available on Netflix in the US. If you’re located outside the US, you won’t be able to access it without using a VPN.
Is This Is Us available to stream on other on-demand video platforms?
Yes, in addition to Netflix, the complete run of This Is Us is also streaming on Hulu, FuboTV, NBC, USA, and Spectrum on Demand.
What is This Is Us about?
This Is Us is a heartfelt family drama that weaves together the lives of the Pearson family across multiple generations and timelines. Here’s a glimpse into its intriguing tapestry:
The Big Three
Kevin, Kate, and Randall: Born on the same day but to different mothers, these triplets are the heart of the story. Kevin (Justin Hartley) wrestles with fame and personal growth, Kate (Chrissy Metz) confronts body image struggles and finds her voice, and Randall (Sterling K. Brown) navigates the complexities of being adopted and searching for his biological father.
Jack and Rebecca
The Pearsons are the anchor of the family. Jack (Milo Ventimiglia), a loving and inspirational father, tragically dies when the triplets are teenagers. Rebecca (Mandy Moore), a talented musician, grapples with grief, raising her children alone, and pursuing her own dreams.
Flashbacks and Flashforwards
The show masterfully utilizes flashbacks to delve into the Pearsons’ past, revealing their backstories, dreams, and challenges. Flashforwards offer glimpses into the future, hinting at how decisions and relationships have evolved.
But it’s not just about the Pearsons
The series expands its scope to explore themes of adoption, race, addiction, identity, and ultimately, what it means to be human. Each character’s journey resonates with audiences, sparking conversations about family, belonging, and the choices we make.
So, is This Is Us just a tearjerker?
While it has its fair share of emotional moments, it’s also filled with humor, wit, and heartwarming connections. It celebrates love, resilience, and the power of family bonds.
Is This Is Us worth watching?
Whether “This Is Us” is worth watching depends entirely on your personal preferences! Here’s a breakdown to help you decide:
Reasons to watch
- Compelling characters: The Pearsons are complex, relatable, and deeply flawed, making them fascinating to watch. Each character grapples with personal struggles, from addiction and body image issues to identity crises and grief.
- Emotional connection: The show is well-known for its tearjerking moments, but it also balances them with humor and heartwarming interactions. Prepare to laugh, cry, and feel everything in between as you connect with the characters’ journeys.
- Exploration of universal themes: “This Is Us” delves into family dynamics, adoption, race, loss, and finding your place in the world. These themes resonate with a wide audience and spark meaningful conversations.
- Strong performances: The acting is superb, with all the cast members delivering nuanced and believable portrayals of their characters.
- Satisfying conclusion: The series finale wrapped up the characters’ arcs in a way that felt complete and emotionally satisfying.
Things to consider
- Emotional intensity: If you’re not a fan of emotional dramas, the show’s tearjerking moments might be overwhelming.
- Slow pacing: The series takes its time developing the characters and storylines, which may feel slow to some viewers.
- Melodrama: Certain plot twists and character choices can be seen as melodramatic by some viewers.
Overall, This Is Us is a highly acclaimed and popular show, but it’s not for everyone. If you’re looking for a deeply emotional and character-driven drama that explores universal themes and features outstanding performances, then it’s definitely worth checking out. However, if you prefer fast-paced action or prefer lighter shows, it might not be the best fit.
Ultimately, the best way to know if This Is Us is for you is to give it a try! Start with the first few episodes and see if you connect with the characters and the storytelling. You can watch the trailer for the show below: