OREO is helping fans celebrate this year’s National OREO Day with a limited-edition product drop. This special product, however, is not a new flavor or variant of the popular sandwich cookie, but an appliance that will allow you to show off your love for OREO Frozen Treats. Below is everything we know about the OREO and Chill Freezer!
What is Oreo and Chill Freezer?
Described as the coolest place to store your Oreo Frozen Treats, the OREO and Chill Freezer is the perfect statement piece for your living room, basement, garage, or anywhere else you want to keep and display your OREO Frozen Treats.
Wrapped in the iconic OREO blue with a playful pattern of OREO Frozen Treats and cookie crumble, the Oreo and Chill Freezer features a glass door perfect for displaying your delicious treats and easily seeing when it’s time for a restock. It has two interior shelves, making it easier for you to stack, pile, and store your favorite OREO Frozen Treats. The freezer also comes with an exterior lock to keep your frozen treats secured, if you so choose, and keep bandits at bay.
Where to buy OREO and Chill Freezer
Don’t want to miss the opportunity to curb your cold cravings and flex your love of OREO with the OREO and Chill Freezer? Then visit OREO.com/Freezer starting at 10 a.m. ET on Friday, March 10th to get your hands on one of the ultra-limited OREO and Chill Freezers. You can also sign up on OREO.com/Freezer starting March 6th at 10:00 am ET to receive an email to be notified when the freezers become available.
How much is OREO and Chill Freezer?
The OREO and Chill Freezer is technically free, as fans just need to pay $9.95 for shipping and handling at checkout to get one.
What is National OREO Day?
National OREO Day is an unofficial food holiday celebrated on March 6th every year in the United States. It is a day dedicated to the beloved OREO cookie, which has been a popular snack for over a century. The holiday was created in 2012 by OREO’s parent company, Mondelez International, as a way to celebrate the cookie’s 100th anniversary. On National OREO Day, people across the country enjoy OREO cookies in various ways, such as dunking them in milk, using them as a topping for ice cream or cake, or even making Oreo-inspired recipes. 2023’s National OREO Day marks the cookie’s 111th anniversary.
About OREO Frozen Treats
OREO officially entered the freezer aisle in January 2022 with the launch of OREO Frozen Treats, a line of frozen dairy desserts that include scoopable tubs, snackable bars, cones, sandwiches, and more.
Described as a playfully reimagined take on the classic chocolate sandwich cookie fans know and love, OREO Frozen Treats debuted with the following products:
- OREO Bars: feature creme-flavored base packed with Oreo cookie pieces, dipped in a delicious coating made from crushed Oreo wafer pieces
- OREO Cones: feature crispy, chocolatey cones filled with a creme-flavored base packed with Oreo cookie pieces, dipped in a delicious coating made from crushed Oreo wafer pieces
- OREO Sandwiches: feature creme-flavored base mixed with Oreo cookie pieces, sandwiched between two big Oreo cookie wafers
- OREO 48oz and 14oz tubs: feature creme-flavored base with Oreo cookie pieces packed in a scoopable tub that makes it easy to enjoy the frozen treat however you want
- 2-in-1 OREO & CHIPS AHOY! 48 oz. tubs: Two iconic cookies, one epic frozen dessert. This tasty treat playfully combines a crème-flavored frozen dairy dessert packed with Oreo cookie pieces and sweet cream frozen dairy dessert loaded with Chips Ahoy! cookie pieces.
Shortly after the launch, the product line added OREO King Size Cone and OREO Cups. Just this February 2023, the portfolio added mint as one of its permanent flavors.