Yeat is an American rapper and songwriter who is considered one of the rising stars in the hip-hop world. His unique sound and style have made him a hit with fans, and his music has been streamed millions of times. But how much money has Yeat made from his music career?
In this article, we will break down his financial growth and major income sources as well as provide insights into his personal life and music career so far. So whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about celebrity fortunes, reading this article is definitely worth your while.
Yeat Net Worth: How much is the rapper worth in 2022 and 2023?
In 2022, Yeat’s net worth skyrocketed due to the success of his music career. Experts estimated it to be around $3 million, largely from his album sales, YouTube channel revenue, and live performances. The American rapper, who graced the music scene with hits like Sorry Bout and 4L in 2021, has amassed a substantial fortune through various digital platforms like TikTok where his songs frequently go viral.
In 2023, Yeat has a net worth of about $5 million and is expected to surge even higher as he gains mainstream recognition. From mixtapes such as Up 2 Më and extended plays that reach million views online, all these only add up to his growing wealth in the competitive music industry.
Yeat’s Income Streams
Like most recording artists, Yeat has multiple income streams and they are as follows:
- Album Sales: One of the primary income streams for Yeat comes from his album sales. His debut album, Up 2 Më, and the follow-up releases have contributed significantly to his net worth.
- Streaming Platforms: A substantial part of Yeat’s earnings is drawn from music streaming platforms. Platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, and YouTube are renowned for providing musicians with revenue based on streams and views.
- Concerts and Tours: Like any musician, live performances form a substantial part of Yeat’s income. Performing in concerts and tours boosts the rapper’s earnings.
- Merchandising: Merchandise sales also add to Yeat’s wealth, with fans purchasing everything from T-shirts to posters and more bearing the logo or image of their favorite artist. You can shop Yeat’s official merchandise items at YeatMerch.com and YeatMerch.shop.
- Collaborations: Collaborating with other artists not only earns him direct revenue but also enhances his fan base leading to increased song plays and merchandise sales. This includes collaborations with notable names like Drake, Lil Yachty, and Young Thug.
- Social Media Endorsements: Given his vast follower base on Twitter (279,300 followers), Instagram (2.6 million followers), Facebook (38,000 followers), and other social media platforms, it is believed that Yeat often lands lucrative endorsement deals which roll in significant amounts of money.
- Record Deal: In February 2022, he signed a record deal with Geffen Records which has added considerably to his net worth.
Yeat’s early life
Born on February 26, 2000, in Irvine, California, Yeat has a Romanian mother and a Mexican and British-American father. His paternal grandmother is Mexican and from the city of Tijuana while his grandfather is an American of British descent. Yeat has two brothers namely, Luca and Ethan.
After spending his early childhood in Fullerton, California, Yeat and his family moved to Portland, Oregon. There, he attended Lakeridge High School in Lake Oswego. After graduating, Yeat moved to New York City to pursue his music career before ultimately moving to Los Angeles, where he currently resides.
The beginning of Yeat’s music career
Yeat started his journey into the music industry in 2015 with a series of self-released mixtapes and songs under the stage name Lil Yeat. Unfortunately, these releases, have since been deleted from the Internet.
Yeat made his first public appearance under his current moniker on June 30, 2018, premiering a track titled Brink on Elevator, a YouTube channel that promotes new music from unsigned artists, trending artists, and artists on the rise. He released his first mixtape, Deep Blue Strips, on September 20, 2018. Fast-forward to February 21, 2019, he premiered the music video for the track Stay Up on Elevator.
Yeat achieved viral success online through platforms such as TikTok following his 4L mixtape, which was released on June 11, 2021. 4L includes Yeat’s hit tracks Sorry Bout That and Money Twerk
In August 2021, Yeat dropped the EP Trendi which became an instant success, thanks to its tracks Mad Bout That and Fukit. In the same month, a snippet of his song Get Busy went viral online, giving him media and fan attention upon its release.
In September of 2021, Yeat released his debut studio album titled Up 2 Me through an initial one-album deal with Interscope Records and Foundation Media. Up 2 Me received generally favorable reviews from critics and peaked at number six on the Billboard 200, selling around 36,000 units and becoming Yeat’s highest charting project
Yeat and Geffen Records
After Yeat’s limited Interscope and Foundation deal had ended, his music career took a major leap forward when Yeat fulfilled a promise he made to Zack Bia by signing with the latter’s Field Trip Recordings in a joint venture with Geffen Records and Interscope Records in February 2022.
This partnership opened up new opportunities for him, allowing him to reach a wider audience and gain more recognition in the industry. Geffen Records is known for its association with top artists and has been instrumental in launching successful careers. With this collaboration, Yeat gained access to resources and support that helped elevate his status as a rising star in the rap scene. The partnership between Yeat and Geffen Records has undoubtedly played a crucial role in shaping his success and contributing to his growing net worth.
Yeat released his second studio album, 2 Alivë, through Geffen Records and Field Trip Recordings on February 18, 2022. On April 1, 2022, Yeat dropped the deluxe version of 2 Alivë called 2 Alivë (Geek Pack). Two months later, Yeat debuted his single titled Rich Minion, which was commissioned for a Lyrical Lemonade-produced trailer promoting the 2022 film Minions: The Rise of Gru.
Yeat’s latest and third studio album, Afterlyfe, was released on February 24th, 2023. The album includes a feature from YoungBoy Never Broke Again as well as tracks featuring Yeat’s alter egos Kranky Kranky and Luh Geeky.
Frequently asked questions about Yeat
1. What is Yeat’s real name?
Yeat’s real name is Noah Olivier Smith.
2. Where did Yeat get his stage name?
Yeat previously stated that he created the name Yeat while high and while trying to come up with one word that sounds familiar to people. He described his stage name as a combination of “yeet” and “heat”. Yeat previously admitted that his use of LSD, a potent psychedelic drug colloquially known as acid, was able to help him pursue his music career.
3. How old is Yeat?
Yeat was born on February 26, 2000, which makes him 23 years old as of 2023.
4. What is Yeat’s music style?
Yeat’s music is a blend of trap, hip-hop, and drill. His style is also characterized by his use of autotune, his melodic rapping, and his often-surreal lyrics.
5. Which record label is Yeat signed to?
Yeat is currently signed to Geffen Records.
6. Who are Yeat’s musical influences?
Yeat cites artists like Chief Keef, Playboi Carti, Future, and Lil Uzi Vert as his musical influences.
7. What exotic and luxurious cars does Yeat own?
Yeat reportedly owns a Dodge Challenger and a Ford Mustang, among many other vehicles.